Danger of Wasps

Danger of Wasps

Wasps are busy creatures and while their buzzing about and foraging for food may look cute for a while, the dangers they pose are real too, and should always be taken into consideration before encouraging their settlement in and around your property.

So are wasps really as dangerous as they are usually made out to be? Or is it simply our fear of the unknown or maybe the sting itself that makes us wary of these small creatures?

Let’s find out.

Firstly, we need to understand that our space is our own. Whether it is our office space or our personal space, we have the right to remain at peace there, without the worry of an outsider creating a nuisance! So why should you allow wasps to enter your domain and challenge your peace of mind!

Secondly, the dangers of a wasp’s sting is real, and their natural aggressiveness makes a wasp sting even more of a possibility in comparison to a bee sting.

Moreover, a single wasp can sting you repeatedly, thus injecting a relatively large dose of foreign substance in your system.

Now, while the effects of a wasp’s sting usually wears off by itself during the course of a day, a small section of people can experience some serious side effects, among them the extreme danger of going into Anaphylactic Shock.

The onset of anaphylactic shock is the reaction of the human body to a substance that it is allergic to, and in the case of a wasp sting, the venom the wasp injects into your body causes your body to react by going into shock.

In rare cases, the onset of anaphylactic shock can even result in death.

The danger of wasps is quite real and the presence of wasps in your vicinity should therefore be taken seriously.